Season Length: 15 Weeks
Season Start: July 4, 2019
Available in: Two sizes
Pickup day: Thursdays
Pickup Locations: 20 YEG & Area
15 weeks of the freshest veggies grown right here in Edmonton, delivered weekly!
We partner with awesome local businesses who share our values and care about building Edmonton’s food economy.
These partners act as pick-up locations for your CSA bounty. Each Thursday you get to visit our friends closest to you and pick up the goods. The bonus here is you get an excuse to drop in on your local baker, butcher, deli, or cooking shop and fully complement your Riverbend Gardens veggies.
This model builds community. It grows incredible relationships and bolsters a network of food-loving people that want to improve how we think about food. This alleviates distribution pressures and allows us to stay in the fields, where farmers perform best.
Public Pickup Locations
- Acme Meat Market
- D'arcy's Meat Market
- Simply Supper (Rabbit Hill Rd.)
- Simply Supper (Albany Square)
- Be-A-Bella Candy & Gifts
- Healthy Trendz (U of A Hospital)
- Bon Ton Bakery
- Confetti Sweets (West)
- Get Cooking
- Double Dutch Treats & Meats
- Healthy Trendz Bistro (Glenrose Hospital)
- The Blu Poppie
- Town Square Brewing
- Charlie’s Place
How does it work?
So how does this work?
What makes it so great?
1. We spend the spring planting & growing your veggies.
2. Once season starts, each Wednesday we pick & harvest the best of our available crops.
3. The same afternoon & Thursday morning we pack our trucks.
4. We get these veggies delivered to the pick-up locations by noon on Thursday.
5. You pick up the freshest veggies in town!
6. Each week we send an email with updates on the fields, recipes for your more unique veggies, and other features.
Available in two sizes:
What’s a staple crop?
“Staple” crops are usually carrots and potatoes. Expect each in the BIGGER size every week, while they alternate weeks in the SMALLER size.
Our season fluctuates depending on weather and crop ripeness. While the first few weeks of the season may be slightly smaller, our peak in late July to mid September can be overflowing!