Season Length: 10 Weeks
Season Start: October 12, 2023
Available in: Two sizes
Pickup day: Thursdays
Pickup Locations: 13 YEG & Area
5 bounties of vegetables that store well, grown right here in Edmonton, delivered every two weeks!
We partner with awesome local businesses who share our values and care about building Edmonton’s food economy.
These partners act as pick-up locations for your CSA bounty. Each pick up day you get to visit our friends closest to you and pick up the goods. The bonus here is you get an excuse to drop in on your local baker, butcher, deli, or cooking shop and fully complement your Riverbend Gardens veggies.
This model builds community. It grows incredible relationships and bolsters a network of food-loving people that want to improve how we think about food. This alleviates distribution pressures and allows us to stay in the fields, where farmers perform best.
- Acme Meat Market
- Bon Ton Bakery
- D'arcy's Meat Market (St Albert)
- D'arcy's Meat Market (Whitemud Crossing)
- Confetti Sweets (Sherwood Park)
- Cloud Cakes by Auntie Lou
- Ribeye Butcher Shop (Manning Location)
- Catch of the Week!
- Town Square Brewing
- Remedy Cafe (Terwillegar)
- Remedy (Jasper Ave Location)
- Remedy Cafe (109st Location)
- Vines - Riverbend Wine Merchant
How does it work?
So how does this work?
What makes it so great?
1. We spend the spring and summer growing your veggies.
2. Before the snow flies we pick & harvest the best of our storage crops crops (like potatoes and carrots)
3. Our storage crops go into the coolers, while other crops like sprouts and kale stay in the field, because they taste best after a frost.
4. Every other week we clean, grade and pack veggies for our CSA bounties.
4. We get these bounties delivered to the pick-up locations every other Thursday.
5. You pick up the tastiest veggies in town!
Available in two sizes:
Great for small households!
- 4 lbs potatoes
- 4 lbs carrots
- 3-4 surprise items
Great for veggie-focussed households.
- 6 lbs potatoes
- 6 lbs carrots
- +5-6 surprise veggies
What are the “surprise veggies”?
These are typically cabbage, onions, kale, leek, pumpkin, beets, squash, Brussels sprouts, etc!
What are the pickup dates?